Jacy’s Roasted Filet Mignon in Vidalia Cajun Gravy*
If you love filet mignon, vidalia onions and cajun gravy, you are going to love this easy but “beyond the yum” gourmet-smacking-lips recipe. This is one of my favorite recipes for filet mignon and it gets raves with guests.
2 Filet Mignon
2 very large Vidalia onions
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/2 cup Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 cup flour
1/2 stick sweet unsalted butter
1 cup beef stock
Sweet Mesquite Seasoning
1 tsp Dried Italian Seasoning
1/4 tsp. Cajun Seasoning
1 tsp minced garlic
Salt & Pepper to taste
Marinate Filet Mignon
1. Dredge both sides of filets in 1/4 cup of Worcestershire Sauce.
2. Season top side of filets with pepper & salt to taste.
3. Sprinkle layer of Sweet Mesquite Seasoning on top.
4. Let marinate in fridge for at least an hour. Remove from fridge.
1. Slice onions in large rings and place in large bowl
2. Sprinkle onions with flour, mix covering well.
3. Add olive oil and remaining 1/4 cup of Worcestershire Sauce and mix covering all onions.
4. Add garlic, Italian Seasoning, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper to taste, mix well.
5. Layer 8×13 glass baking dish with onion mixture.
6. Pour the 1/2 cup of beef stock over onion mixture.
7. Cut the 1/4 stick of butter into 4 pieces, dice, sprinkle on onion mixture.
8. Place filets on top of onion mixture.
9. Roast in oven (I use Convection at 375) until desired temperature is acquired.**
10. Remove from oven to rest.
Plate and serve with your favorite Risotto or this yummy recipe.
Our Wine pairing for this recipe:
2006 Meritage [Red]
2010 Jennifer’s Jambalaya [White]
* This recipe is a staple favorite I have created for years. It is in the forthcoming “Beyond The Yum” cookbook. It is also delish for beef or pork roasts.
** [Thermometer readings should be: 120°F to 125°F for rare; 130°F to 135°F. for medium rare and 140°F to 145°F for medium.]
Looking for a great recipe for two over the Easter holidays? This one is really special for that quiet romantic evening dinner for two! Our favorite at Beyond the Yum!