Chocolate Ganache & Maple Cream Bacon Cupcakes
This is a wonderful cupcake filled with such good things it makes your heart smile! The cakes themselves can be made from scratch as indicated or you can get that yummy “Ghiradelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix” which makes a delish version too.* I make them both so as your time permits, go for them, you and your guests will be in chocolate sweet and salty cupcake heaven!
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
3 sticks unsalted butter, cut into pieces
12 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs, room temperature
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Maple Cream Cheese Filling:
1 package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
2 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
1/4 cup powdered sugar
6-10 pieces of bacon fried crisp, chopped
12 ounces of dark chocolate (chopped or chips)
4 ounces of semisweet Chocolate (chopped or chips)
2 cups heavy cream 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners.
2. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Place butter and chocolate in a heatproof mixer bowl set over a pot of simmering water, stirring until chocolate melts.
3. Attach bowl to mixer, add sugar, and whisk on medium-high speed until smooth, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla. Reduce speed to low, and add flour mixture.
4. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake about 18 minutes. Let cool in tins and pan on wire racks.
5. Assemble Pastry Bag with medium round tip and fill with Maple Cream Cheese filling. Punch hole in center of cupcake and pipe filling in until filled. Smooth off excess.
6. Frost cupcakes with chocolate ganache. Garnish tops with chopped bacon.
Directions: Maple Cream Cheese Filling
– Melt cream cheese in microwave until soft.
– Add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup. Stir until smooth.
– Add 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar. Stir until smooth.
– Set in fridge until assembly
Directions: Chocolate Ganache
– Place chocolate in a large bowl.
– Heat 2 cups heavy cream and 2 tablespoons of sugar in small saucepan over medium high heat. When not, stir to dissolve the sugar. Bring to a boil. Pour the boiling cream over the chocolate.
– Set aside for 5 minutes before stirring with a wire whisk until smooth.
If you use the Ghiradelli version, add two eggs to the package mix.
If you like strong Maple taste, add a few drops of Maple Extract.
Add a dash of cinnamon for extra spice.
Versions: Add mini chocolate chips or pecan chips to cupcake mixture.
Plating: Drizzle Maple Syrup or Chocolate Syrup on plate; a dollop of whipped cream, chocolate covered strawberries or glazed pecans make it irresistible!