Strawberry Coconut Amaretti CheeseCakes
For Strawberry Cakes*
1 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup cream
1 large egg
1 tablespoon melted butter
10 strawberries, pureed w/2 tsp seedless strawberry preserves
1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
1/4 teaspoon strawberry extract
Directions: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease a 12 cup macaroon pan. Combine all dry ingredients in bowl. Combine all wet ingredients in separate bowl until smooth. Make a well in dry, add wet, mix well. Pipe or fill each macaroon cup 2/3 full. Bake cakes for 7-10 minutes or until they spring back when touched. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes. Remove to racks until completely cool.
Prepare: Almond Coconut Cream Cheese Filling
1/4 teaspoon Almond Extract
1/2 cup Coconut+
1 8oz Pkg. Cream Cheese Softened
1/2 cup Sugar
12-14 small Bellino Amaretti Cookies crushed
Optional: Pink food coloring
+Set aside additional Coconut for topping final cake. Mix all ingredients together. Set aside.
Prepare Amaretto Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
1/2 cup cream
1/4 teaspoon Amaretto Liqueur
Mix all ingredients together adding cream in increments until smooth and desired consistency is reached.
Line cookie sheet with wax/parchment paper. Place wire rack on top.
1. Fill 6 cakes with large helping of filling, top each one with unfilled cake. You now have 6 complete cakes on wire rack on cookie sheet.
2. Pour or spread Amaretto glaze over filled cakes.
3. Top with additional coconut and sprinkles (optional).
4. Set in fridge to set until served.
Refrigerate any leftovers. 8o))
Beyond the Yum? Absolutely and more…yum yum yum!
* This original recipe from BeyondTheYum Cookbook with substitution of cake recipe ONLY adapted from Mary