Do you want a total explosion of flavors for breakfast to start your day with zest and zeal? Yes you do and this will accomplish it. You know that I am a lover of desserts, chocolate and croissants from my recipes here. But there can always be more. This one gets the nod from everyone because it is yummylicious, quick, warm, smooth, crispy and “out of this world” heavenly.
6 large Croissants
1 pkg Dark Chocolate chips or Bliss
1 8 0z. Mascarpone Cheese
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1/4 cup Cream
– Slice croissants in half, open face and toast on cookie sheet under broiler
until lightly browned, remove from oven and set aside
Prepare Marscapone Filling
– Mix Mascarpone Cheese, 1/4 cup powdered sugar and cream together until smooth.
– Slice each banana in half and then thinly slice in half lengthwise
– Place chocolate in Microwave and melt, stir until smooth.
– Spread Mascarpone Cheese on bottom half of each croissant.
– Layer banana slices on top of each Mascarpone filled bottom half.
– Spread 1/6 melted chocolate over banana Mascarpone filled bottom half.
– Fold top over croissant to close.
– Place completed croissants on cookie sheet under broiler and brown until top is crispy.
– Remove from oven
– Plate and dust finished croissant with powdered sugar
– Dive in and be taken to another place!
* The browning under the broiler makes the croissant very crispy, the bananas-mascapone-chocolate warm and you can actually pull apart in sections. Absolutely fabulous! Surprise your guests — they will never forget the experience! Do it for love!
* We love them with Hazelnut or Vanilla lattes but are also wonderful with tea, coffee or a cold glass of milk!