Oh weary pilgrim I am I am…but not too weary from travel, photographing, blogging, tweeting and breathing to make these again. I know, I know, they are my favorite but I did not get a chance to share the photos from the shoot because of time constraints so here we are — munchies, yummy and delish for the tummy.
Grab the recipe and go make them! I promise those bulging folders of recipes, photos and more yums are forthcoming.
Chef Jacy’s Favorite: Almond Coconut Macaroons
1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste, grated
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup Baker’s Angel Flake Coconut
1/4 cup egg whites* (slightly beaten for easier measuring)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in center. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add grated Almond Paste and sugar to mixing bowl. Beat until the texture of crumbs.
3. With mixer on low, slowly add egg whites and beat until mixed. Beat on high for 3 minutes, until a creamy paste is formed, scraping down bowl 2-3 times.
4. Stir in 1/2 cup Baker’s Angel Flake Coconut and mix until combined.
5. Drop teaspoon size dollops of batter onto paper, leaving 2 inches of space between cookies.
6. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool cookies completely before removing from baking sheet. Store in an airtight container between layers of wax paper for 3-5 days.
*Tip: Do not use more than the 1/4 cup of egg whites.
Recipe adapted from base of Odense Almond Macaroon recipe