•Yield:About 2 dozen cookies
•Preparation:30 minutes plus baking, and cooling times
15 bars (1.5 ounces each) Godiva® Dark Chocolate, coarsely chopped
9 tablespoons(1 stick + 1 tablespoon) unsalted butter
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 eggs, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
Make Cookies: 1. Reserve 2 cups chopped chocolate. Set aside. Position rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 3 large heavy baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Place remaining chopped chocolate and the butter in a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
3. In a small cup, stir vanilla and coffee until dissolved. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Beat eggs, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a medium bowl with electric mixer at high speed for 5 minutes until mixture forms a pale, thin ribbon when beaters are lifted. At low speed, beat in coffee mixture until blended. Beat in cooled melted chocolate mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir in flour mixture until smooth. Fold in reserved chopped chocolate and the nuts.
5. Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls (6 to a baking sheet), leaving 2-inches between cookies (do not flatten). Bake cookies, one sheet at a time, for 9 minutes until tops crack and cookies are barely firm when gently pressed with a finger. (To ensure a fudgy texture, cookies should be slightly underbaked.)
6. Remove baking sheets to wire rack to cool completely. Remove cooled cookies using a thin spatula. Store cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 days, or wrap individually in plastic wrap and freeze for up to l month.
Recipe courtesy of Godiva