Can Tiramisu or Strawberries get paired any better than this? I don’t think so. For the lover of all three of these, you will lick your fingers, lips and go to Napoleon heaven with the first bite of this dessert. Our strawberries are out early this year and what better use than paired with Tiramisu and flaky Napoleons for a totally heavenly, totally luvlicious “beyond the yum” dessert!
Jacy’s Strawberry Tiramisu Napoleons**
17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets*
Jacy’s Mascarpone Mousse
Use 1 Sheet Puff Pastry (1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets)
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the work surface with the flour. Unfold the pastry sheet onto the floured surface. Cut the pastry sheet into 3 strips along the fold marks. Place the pastry strips onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Remove the pastries from the baking sheets and let cool on wire racks for 10 minutes. Split the pastries into 2 layers, making 6 layers in all.
Jacy’s Tiramisu Recipe for Mascarpone Mousse
3 large eggs
3/4 cup of sugar (or Splenda)
1 (8-0unce) container Mascarpone Cheese
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup very cold heavy cream
- Beat together yolks and 1/2 cup sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until thick and pale, about 2 minutes. Beat in mascarpone until just combined.
- Beat whites and salt in another bowl with cleaned beaters until whites just hold soft peaks. Add remaining 1/4 cup of sugar a little at a time, beating, then continue to beat until whites just hold stiff peaks.
- Beat cream in another bowl with cleaned beaters until it just holds soft peaks. Gently but thoroughly fold cream into mascarpone mixture, then fold in whites.
- Set aside until assembly.
Use desired amount of fresh strawberries for volume. I triple amount so the extras can be used as base for Napoleons and/or leftover Mascarpone Mousse.
- Wash, core and slice strawberries in half.
- Smash 1 cup of strawberries to make sauce, add sugar (or Splenda) & strawberry liqueur or Disaronn0 Amaretto (optional) to taste. Add to sliced strawberries and mix well.
- Spread Tiramisu on each bottom pastry layer
- Top with strawberries and Tiramisu
- Top with Pastry
- Add another layer of Tiramisu and strawberries
- Top with pastry
- Sprinkle pastry top with Powdered Sugar
Serve on bed of strawberries and whipped cream or additional Mascarpone Mousse. Dive in!
*This is the standard recipe from PF for preparation of their puff pastry sheets.
** Recipe from Jacy’s Beyond The Yum Cookbook