Yum, that’s it, that’s this chocolate chubbie cookie.
I am still debating which is my favorite, Chocolate Chubbies (crispy) or my Chocolate Fudgees (chewy). This is another staple recipe when I want chocolate cookies and has been waiting patiently for posting to the blog. I love them with BocaJava coffee, especially flavored varieties and a dollop of whipped cream! They are equally yum with tea or a large glass of cold milk (for dunking of course)!
6 (1-ounce) semisweet chocolate squares, chopped
2 (1-ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares, chopped
1/3 cup butter
3 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; cook, stirring often, over low heat until chocolate melts. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Beat eggs and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; add chocolate mixture, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to chocolate mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in chocolate morsels, pecans, and walnuts.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 12 to 15 minutes or until done. Cool cookies on baking sheet 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool.
Try both recipes and have fun creating your version then grab a plate of them with your favorite beverage and watch a movie about chocolate — “Chocolat” or “Charlie & The Chocolate Factory” — oh how we love chocolate!